Retreat CenterGeneral Information
Hello again to all of our retreat groups and guests! I am happy to say that as I write this update, I can hear the laughter of our summer campers outside my office window, SAFELY enjoying the property and facilities as we prayed they’d be able to. This has given us great insight and experience into how we can safely operate to fulfill the commitments we’ve made to you- our retreat guests.
While retreats this Fall may look different then they have in the past, this could be one of the most meaningful times groups have together, rebuilding community and bonding together in ways we haven’t been able to for months.
Our prayer is that by the time we begin hosting retreats at the end of August, things may be relatively close to normal. However, we are fully prepared and able to facilitate retreats within the current guidelines set out by the county and CDC officials.
Some of the things we will be doing if the restrictions are the same at the time of your retreat:
- Allow for overnight guests to spread out even more within their overnight buildings, ensuring 6 feet apart between sleeping spaces.
- Provide forehead thermometers to group leaders so guests can be scanned upon arrival for retreats.
- Spreading out dining shifts and potentially offering picnic style meals for those that wish to eat outdoors.
- Offering the Pavilion or Gym (with garage doors open) for outdoor meeting spaces for groups that do not want to meet indoors, especially if masks are still required.
- Requiring our own staff to wear masks, anytime they are interacting with guests.
- Provide each group with sanitizing supplies to ensure cleanliness amongst themselves in their personal spaces such as overnight rooms and meeting rooms.
- Have continual cleaning of shared spaces cleaned and sanitized constantly throughout the day.
I will be contacting each of our upcoming group leaders to review what their retreat weekend would look like based on the current conditions and together we can make a plan that will be the best for you. We also continue to take new bookings, so if you don’t currently have a retreat with us booked but have a few questions, please feel free to give me a call at 410-798-0455, or email me at email@example.com and I’ll be happy to talk with you.
Thank you for your continued support of Wabanna- we hope to be able to serve you well this Fall.
Camp Wabanna is available to rent throughout the year except during the time our summer camp is in session. Our goal is to provide a beautiful, comfortable, and convenient environment for your church, school or organization to accomplish whatever the goals of your retreat may be. Whether you are looking for an exciting weekend of outdoor fun, a place to focus and learn, or a relaxing day by the water, Wabanna offers a wide array of settings and activities to make your time here truly memorable. At this time, we are not available to rent for weddings, picnics, family reunions, birthday parties or tent camping.
Learn More About Our Retreat Center